[see also the roundup package docstring]
There have been some modifications to the spec. I've marked these in the
source with 'XXX' comments when I remember to.
- In short:
Class.find() - may match multiple properties, uses keyword args.
- Class.filter() - isn't in the spec and it's very useful to have at the
- Class level.
- CGI interface index view specifier layout part - lose the '+' from the
- sorting arguments (it's a reserved URL character ;). Just made no
prefix mean ascending and '-' prefix descending.
- ItemClass - renamed to IssueClass to better match it only having one
- hypderdb class "issue". Allowing > 1 hyperdb class breaks the
"superseder" multilink (since it can only link to one thing, and
we'd want bugs to link to support and vice-versa).
- template - the call="link()" is handled by special-case mechanisms in
- my top-level CGI handler. In a nutshell, the handler looks for a
method on itself called 'index%s' or 'item%s' where %s is a class.
Most items pass on to the templating mechanism, but the file class
_always_ does downloading. It'll probably stay this way too...
- template - call="link(property)" may be used to link "the current item"
- (from an index) - the link text is the property specified.
- template - added functions that I found very useful: List, History and
- template - items must specify the message lists, history, etc. Having
- them by default was sometimes not wanted.
- template - index view determines its default columns from the
- template's tal:condition="request/show/<property>" directives.
template - menu() and field() look awfully similar now .... ;)
- roundup_admin.py - the command-line tool has a lot more commands at its
Back to Table of Contents